Registration Form

Organizers

from Kazakhstan side - Expo-KZ and

Kazakhstan Association of Nature Users for Sustainable Development

from Russia side - Rusmet Group of Companies

Rusmet Group of CompaniesWith the support of

Organizing Committee +7(495) 980-06-08
+7(495) 989-26-74
e-mail: kaz@rusmet.ru

History of ArcelorMittal Temirtau

The date of establishment of the plant is July 3, 1960, when the first blast furnace produced the first lot of iron.

 

In 1995 Karaganda Steel Works entered LNM Group (from December 2004 Mittal Steel Company) and was registered as Ispat Karmet. Later some mines of  Karaganda coal basin were added to Ispat Karmet and the Coal Department was established. In December 2004 Ispat karmet was  renamed into Mittal Steel Temirtau due to the change of the brand. With the merger of two world largest steel manufacturers, Arcelor and  Mittal Steel Company in September 2007 Mittal Steel Temirtau was renamed into ArcelorMittal Temirtau. ArcelorMittal Temirtau is the largest full cycle metallurgical plant in Kazakhstan of the capacity 4.5 mio tons of steel a year.

 

Iron and manganese ores and coking coal deposits and water and energy resources location close to the plant makes steel manufacturing at ArcelorMittal Temirtau profitable.

 

During its almost half-century history the plant was developing, it introduced new operations, and enlarged the products range.

 

July 3, 1960 - the blast furnace N1 produced the first lot of iron.

December 30, 1960 - the first coke was produced

December 22, 1962 - the first step of coke production line was finished

June 23, 1963 - the first agglomerate was produced

October 1, 1964 - the heavy-duty open-hearth furnaces N1 and N2 were introduced. The first steel melting was provided.

March 25, 1966 - the slab mill  «1150» was introduced (crimping shop)

January 9, 1968 -HR line  «1700» was introduced

April 18, 1970 - the first 50-tons converter furnace was introduced (the first in the USSR)

June 29, 1973 - CR steel shop was introduced

December  31, 1983 - the first step of the tin-plate shop was introduced

July 17, 1998 - hot-dip galvanizing and aluminizing shop was introduced

May 21, 2002 - the second line of continuous hot-dip galvanizing was introduced

January 18, 2005 - the first continuous casting machine was introduced; the first continuous-cast slab was produced

November 3, 2005 - coated steel line was introduced